Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Favourite Fitness Apps

I always have my iPhone on me, so it is the perfect gym companion whether it's for music or workout inspiration. So below is a list of my top 4 favourite fitness related apps, and they are all free, yay!

1. 30 Day Squat Challenge 
I love this app, I am only up to day two, which is 50 squats (day one was 30). It's great because you can't click on, say, day 30, until you have completed the first 29... So I am scared to see how many squats I'll be doing!

2. FIT FIX (by PopSugar)
This is perfect for whether you are working out at home or at the gym. There are workouts for yoga, cardio, strength and targeting different areas of your body. You can track the activities and routines that you have done, and create your own routines too! I don't know what I'd do without this app when I'm at a loss for inspiration at the gym.

3. Nike Training Club
NTC provides you with different workouts based on whether you want to 'get lean', 'get toned', 'get strong', or 'get focused'. The intensity of the workouts depends on whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced. You can track your process and earn rewards too.

4. Pandora
Pandora is a free music streaming app that lets you create your own playlists based on a single song, artist or genre. My gym has free wi-fi so it's perfect for me, but be careful, it might cost you a lot if you're using 3G! There are also different workout playlists like the Yoga Radio, Rap Strength Training Radio, Pop Fitness Radio and one of my favourites, the Latin Workout Radio.

What are your favourite fitness/health apps? Do I need to venture into paid apps?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment