Sunday, March 30, 2014

Healthy Hair Growth - Update

Finally! I am writing the update to my Healthy Hair Growth post from March 2013 (link at the bottom of this post). It is still my most viewed post, and I can understand why. Healthy, shiny locks can brighten up any look, outfit or day. So, let's get into it. 

This was my hair when I got the chop
This was it a year later
This is it now... Balayage!

1. No heat - Not blow drying, straightening and curling my hair definitely helped keep split ends at bay and is probably the biggest and best step in keeping hair healthy. 

2. Silica - If you read my first Healthy Hair Growth post, you'd know that I started taking silica tablets and then the gel. Silica is a mineral that we have lots of when we are born, but loose as we grow old, causing hair, skin and nails all to weaken. I prefer the tablets over the gel, and really recommend them. 

3. Bamboo - Bamboo tea has one of the highest sources of silica, so Bamboo tea is an amazing choice for stocking up on this mineral. The taste isn't so great, but the benefits just outweight that. 

4. Conditioning treatment - I have used a few different shampoos since the chop, but have stuck with my Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask, and I love it, and so does my hair. I use it every time I wash my hair, and it's always left feeling really soft and healthy. Amazing stuff. 

5. Oils - still loving my oils for keeping my hair moisturised and shiny. I use Argan oil after I've towel dried my hairs and after straightening, and if it's ever feeling frizzy or dry between washes. Coconut oil is a blessing from the Hair Gods. Warm it up and apply it all over you hair, massaging it into your scalp and down to your ends. If you can, leave it on over night, if you can't, a little time goes a long way too. I recommend shampooing twice when you wash it out, just to be sure there's no residue left in your hair. 

I am really happy with all of the steps I took to make sure my hair grew out healthy and moisturised. Now that I've lightened my hair, I'm going to start taking the silica tablets again, and continue using my Macadamia Oil mask, and oils. And, of course, using minimal heat and lots of heat protectant.

Original post: http://corestyleonline.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/healthy-hair-growth.html

What tips do you have for keeping hair luscious and split-end free?

Tweet me: @natashaprice
Instagram: @natashavictoria

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment